You are here : About TASMAC
- Vision, Beliefs, Strategic Aims
Vision, Beliefs, Strategic Aims
TASMAC’s vision statement is intended to provide a sense of direction in which TASMAC should develop in the next ten years. It grows out of past experiences and present realities, but is not limited to these. Energy and resources will need to be focused to ensure quality and distinction, and then some opportunities will have to be forgone because of the inability to be all things to all people. It is intended not only to encompass programs and formal activities, but also the climate we wish to cultivate. Being a vision, it is less specific then a plan. However, it is intended to be sufficiently articulated to serve as a touchstone for making decisions.
In announcing this statement we recognise that the vision is not realised all at once, but is achieved incrementally with decisions building on each other over a period of years.
To be an internationally recognised and renowned institution providing quality education and educational services through its multiple campuses first in India, then South Asia and finally extending its boundaries to the rest of the world.
TASMAC is also committed to creating and expanding the opportunities for off-campus learning, whether in the city, around the country or internationally.
- Vision and goals are guided by values
- Quality, excellence and innovation are valued
- Change offers an opportunity for growth
- Students are unique in their needs, thought processes, learning styles and will be motivated in different ways
- When desire and vision are involved, we believe that, given the opportunities, the students can learn, and with hard work achieve success
- After given the opportunities, everyone is accountable for their own success
- Consistent rules and discipline, positive values and social skills are necessary for all individuals.
- Learning is a process where students create their own knowledge through active participation in complex, meaningful tasks
- Students should be active, engaged learners
- The best learning process occurs when students and staff are motivated to strive for success
- It is essential for every educator to demonstrate genuine concern and care for each student
- Continuous professional development for academic staff is imperative in the student learning process
- Technologies should be used appropriately for teaching and learning
TASMAC seeks to be exceptional in what it does and is now in a position to develop new initiatives, to face the immediate and the challenging future with a focused sense of commitment to its mission, and to consolidate its international reputation.
The strategic aims are more than aspirational; it is a statement of committed intent. At the same time it is not rigid. As conditions change, aspects of the aims will also undergo the required change. But wherever possible, TASMAC’s decision will be guided by it.
Bearing in mind these considerations, and recognizing market-place needs, the strategic aims will include
- Creating centres of excellence in all disciplines and across disciplines and providing the most effective and efficient academic structures
TASMAC aims to maintain existing areas of excellence and to generate new and exciting intellectual themes. TASMAC continuously assesses its effectiveness and will periodically review its academic structures and related support systems and arrangements. Departmental plans will be developed and constantly reviewed. The objective is to provide a diverse population with a valuable, enriching, and comprehensive educational opportunity rooted in a learner-cantered environment. TASMAC will provide a comprehensive curriculum that fosters effective communication, creativity critical thinking and problem solving in its academic and professional programmes that ensure a commitment to and a mastery of life-long learning skills as well as encouraging a spirit of critical enquiry.
- Developing a student centred, intellectually stimulating and technologically advanced teaching and learning environment
A dynamic learning experience is one in which the student and the professor are challenged to excel and within which the elements of growth and progress are keys. TASMAC will provide a supportive educational environment that encourages students to develop their skills and enrich their knowledge and technical abilities that are indispensable to success in a changing global environment. TASMAC will be known as the advocates and champions of a campus climate that fosters performance excellence, full participation and personal and organizational growth. TASMAC will produce graduates who are independent, confident, self-directed, critical thinkers, professional, competent, reflective practitioners, innovative, socially responsible and thereby marketable and competitive nationally and internationally. TASMAC is dedicated to the ultimate goal of improving student achievement through teacher excellence and will enhance the learning environment to:
- Support teacher as facilitators of the learning process
- Facilitate a shift of emphasis in learning from an assimilation of facts to learning as the construction of knowledge
TASMAC considers the student to be a customer and student satisfaction is of prime importance to TASMAC.
- Maintaining excellent staff and having continual staff development
TASMAC places primary emphasis on teaching excellence. TASMAC will have the right teaching staff in terms of numbers, skills, training and experience. Staff development at TASMAC will be given due importance. Academic staff development will be a two-fold exercise:
Learning, growth and development can only occur when individuals are open and motivated to reach a higher level of achievement. In order to achieve optimisation, motivation of all partners (students, faculty and staff) in the learning process is vital to success. TASMAC believes that exceptional teaching unites teacher, student and subject on the journey of intellectual, emotional, social and ethical development of the student.
- To ensure new teaching styles are being introduced, and
- To encourage academic staff to constantly update their knowledge of the subject.
- Developing its academic support
TASMAC will develop its academic support to ensure that appropriate resources, services and staff are available to fulfil TASMAC’s plan for maintaining excellence in learning, teaching and research.
- Increase opportunities for student access to internationally recognized and accepted education.
TASMAC will continue its endeavour to building productive international partnerships with the world's top Universities and institutions to enable Indian and South Asian students to obtain high quality education.
- Facilitating outstanding research.
We believe that the depth and the credibility of an institute depends on the type of research it conducts. We aim to set up a separate division dedicated to research that is more relevant to the needs of the market and industry.
- Increasing the size of the institute.
We aim to bring about a substantial expansion of student numbers; this will be done primarily by setting up further campuses in India and South Asia.
- To promote the social, cultural an economic development of India.
We will provide an educational programme which will assist the students to grow physically, morally, socially, intellectually and emotionally; that they become productive citizens of our democracy, realizing the most complete life possible within the limits of their needs, interests and abilities. We aim to participate in social and environment issues, helping our students in becoming life long learners.
- To pursue and nurture partnerships.
Pursue a broad range of partnerships with educational, business, industry, government and social service institutions.
TASMAC will achieve its mission through optimum utilization of its financial and intellectual resource base by reacting positively to its diverse student community in a professional environment involving both faculty and staff.