TASMAC with 20 years of experience in the field of management education has established its reputation for setting the highest standards in International Education.
TASMAC campuses in Pune, Bangalore, and Kolkata offer their Global Programme in Business Leadership leading to an MBA from the University of Wales, UK. TASMAC’s state of the art campuses create hundreds of world class managers who are ready to make a meaningful difference to society as part of the global talent pool. There is a constant emphasis on excellence in student selection, curriculum, academic input, pedagogy, student care, infrastructure, industry interaction, alumni interaction and campus placements. All of this has lead to a reputation that’s second to none. Business India, India’s leading mainline business publication has ranked TASMAC as an A+ institution for eight consecutive years 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
In its journey TASMAC has always raised the standard on quality delivery which has lead the B-School to being accredited and recognised by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education or BAC (the first institute outside of Europe and the only one in India to receive this accreditation). It is India’s first ISO 9001:2008 certified organization and the world’s first ISO 9001:2008 certified Training / Education Institute.
TASMAC was set up in February 1990 in Mumbai. It began as the Mumbai and Pune centre for a non-traditional American University.
TASMAC moved its operations to Pune in September 1991 and set up the administrative head office and its Professional Skills Development Centre in Pune. For two consecutive years, TASMAC was awarded the "Best Study Centre Award."
TASMAC tied up with the Indian Merchants' Chamber to offer the Diploma in Business Management and Diploma in Export Import Managements programmes in Pune.
TASMAC was appointed the South Asia office for CSM Institute of Graduate Studies, USA / Canada
1994 - 1998
TASMAC set up over 30 study and examination centres for the CSM IGS programmes. Additional specialisations were added in the MBA and the BBA programmes.
TASMAC was the first management institute in India to be accredited by Edexcel / BTEC to offer 10 management programmes.
TASMAC set up a corporate training division and initially tied up with the Zig Ziglar Corporation, one of the largest training organisations in the United States of America and with the European Bank Training Network (EBTN). This division functions as a separate company - TASMAC Management Training Resources Pvt. Ltd.
- TASMAC set up the Pune campus of the School of Finance and Management in a joint venture agreement with Emile Woolfe International, London to offer their MBA and BA (Hons) programmes. Oxford Brookes University, the number one new University in UK as per the Times Good University Guide, validated TASMAC to offer these programmes in India.
- The TASMAC campus was inaugurated by the then Deputy British High Commissioner, Mr. Michael Bates
- TASMAC also set up an Overseas Student Recruitment Division that operated as the South Asia Admissions Office of School of Finance and Management.
- The division has since expanded and works in the entire South Asia region for the following Universities/colleges: (a) Canterbury Christ Church University College, UK (b) Regents College, UK (c) Holborn College, UK (d) London School of Business Management, UK (e) Gyosei International College, UK (f) Cesar Ritz - Hotelconsult Colleges in Switzerland, Australia and USA.
- University of Wales, UK validated the MBA and BA (Hons) programmes offered at TASMAC Pune. The MBA programme was validated to be delivered through the part-time mode of study for executives and also through the full-time mode of study.
- TASMAC received the ISO 9001:2000 certification, the very first management institute in the country to receive this prestigious certification.
- TASMAC introduced the Diploma in International Airlines and Tourism Management and PostGraduate Diploma in Marketing Management of the Indian Merchants' Chamber, Mumbai.
- The first batch of University of Wales, UK Degree Programmes commenced on February 4, 2002 and was inaugurated by Dr. Paul Smith, Director, British Council.
- TASMAC set up its 4th information centre in Bangalore.
- TASMAC's second, well equipped campus set up at a prime location at Bangalore in June. This is a four storied building with up-to -date facilities.
- TASMAC introduced the MBA (Part Time) Programme for working professionals from October 2003. This is a top ranked result - oriented business programme delivered in a format that accommodates the demands of working life.
- TASMAC Management Review was launched at the hands of Mr. John Nance, Head of Education, British High Commission, India
- TASMAC was appointed the South Asia Branch of the Association of Business Executives, UK.
- TASMAC Student Homes, Bangalore was established
- In October 2004, Business India in its annual survey of ‘India’s Best B-Schools’ placed TASMAC in the A+ category, ranking it among the top 50 business schools in the country.
- ‘Connecting’ the monthly publication of British Council came up with a feature showcasing TASMAC. It was titled, “Linking Partners”.
- TASMAC has recently been appointed as a Representative of the Validation Unit of the University of Wales, UK to promote the University’s interests in countries in South Asia and the Middle East in respect of establishing new validation agreements.
- TASMAC's third, well equipped campus set up at a prime location in Kolkata. TASMAC Kolkata offers the MBA and BA (Hons) programmes validated by University of Wales, UK.
- The TASMAC Kolkata campus was inaugurated by the British Deputy High Commissioner, Dr. Andrew Hall on July 27, 2005.
- TASMAC Bangalore campus moved to the new state-of-the-art campus in June 2006. This campus has all the facilities and infrastructure in the true TASMAC tradition and it offers an equally attractive option to the students to gain a highly regarded British degree programmes.
- The TASMAC Bangalore campus was inaugurated by Mr. Rod Pryde, Director, British Council, India on September 14, 2006.
- University of Wales, UK validated
- TASMAC rated as an A+ institution by Business India for the third consecutive year (2004, 2005 and 2006)
- TASMAC received approval from the University of Rio Grande, USA to offer the MBA in Entrepreneurship programme at the TASMAC campuses in Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata.
TASMAC's fourth campus, set up at a prime location at Mumbai. TASMAC Mumbai offers the MBA Part Time programme validated by the University of Wales, UK.
- TASMAC announced its Global Programme in Business leadership.
- TASMAC rated as an A+ institution by Business India for the fifth consecutive year (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008).
- TASMAC became the first company in India to receive the ISO 9001:2008 Certification from DNV.
Since its inception, over 10, 000 students have studied at TASMAC for various management programmes.
- TASMAC is ranked A+ by Business India for consecutive years in their report on India's B-Schools, placing it in the top bracket in their issues of 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
- Careers 360/CNN-IBN Survey of India’s Best 50 B-School ranked TASMAC as number 45th in the country.
- GHRDC/Competition Success Survey of India’s Best B-Schools ranked TASMAC 31st in the country amongst B-Schools offering the MBA Programme.
- TASMAC rated as an A+ by ‘Business India’ institution for eighth consecutive year 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- TASMAC has been ranked as 27th best B-School in India by ‘the Week’.
TASMAC was taken over by Lakshminarayan an alumnus of the institute - The University of Wales